Monday, June 16, 2008

Some Good Reads

If any of you know me, you know I have a 13 year old son. He is sitting beside me as I browse all my "teacher sites". He would like to contribute his thought on his favorite author/ books.

He asked me to tell you about Carl Deuker. He was sharing with me earlier this evening that his two favorite books are Heart of a Champion and Night Hoops. (if anyone knows how to underline in a blog, please let me know) Both of these books were written by Deuker. My son is, to say the least, a reluctant reader. So, if they gained his attention, they just may capture the attention of a reluctant reader in your life. They must be good if: A.) he was discussing them with me B.) He asked me more than a few times to post this C.) He agreed to read more this summer if I bought/ borrowed more books by this author for him. I will be checking the library and Amazon tomorrow morning!

No comments: